Event: Annual Congress
June 26th 2019
Mercure Parkway Hotel
Britannia Way, Catcliffe, Sheffield, S60 5BD
The Vet Whisperer Day
This Vet Whisperer day will help vets build and maintain the personal resilience and confidence needed to pursue the four outcomes of being successful as a GP vet; clinical resolution, client satisfaction, financial resolution and clinician satisfaction. This requires what I call “Veterinary Intelligence” or VQ. Since the hallmark of all forms of intelligence is the ability to adapt, VQ is defined as ‘the ability to adapt in order to apply veterinary science successfully in the real world….and enjoy doing so’. IQ is necessary but not sufficient to be successful as a veterinary surgeon. Therefore, we will look at various capacities and mindsets we need to complement our IQ in order to thrive as veterinary practitioners in the real world.
Arrival & Coffee
Understanding Self-doubt…and why veterinary practice feeds it
In order to build genuine ’24-carat’ confidence we need to be able to recognise, understand and deal with the reasons why we don’t feel confident in the first place. This session will look at 6 drivers of self-doubt including doubt itself, deadlines, difficultly, disappointment, disagreement and disapproval and how we need to develop the ability to make decisions even though we don’t have as much time or information as we would ideally like.
The Confidence Chromosome
This section looks at the role of beliefs in both undermining and developing self-confidence using Brian’s Confidence Chromosome model. We will look at how we acquire these beliefs and what we can do to change them should we so desire.
Confidence when dealing with clinical risk
Defensive medicine can occur when we assume “where there’s risk, there’s the potential for blame!”. This session will explore how to conceptualise and manage the “inevitable and incessant” risk that is part of dealing with clinical cases
Stress = Uncertainty x Urgency. Having covered and dealt with the impact of uncertainty on this equation earlier in the day, this session will look at the impact of time managent on our stress and confidence levels.
We hope to see you at our next event
Please ensure you read these in full before signing up to a Colourful event.
- The registration fee includes 6 hours of CPD (an attendance certificate will be provided), a set of course notes, lunch and all refreshments throughout the day. It does not include overnight accommodation or travel to the venue.
- Payment must be made in full at the time of booking online.
- Places on each course are limited and will be allocated on a first come first served basis.
- All courses are non-residential.
- Course fees will not be refunded if a cancellation is made within the 30 days prior to the course commencing. Cancellation before this time will incur a 20% administration charge.
- All cancellations must be made either by email to Kay at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone 01822 853573.
- Booked places can be transferred to another person (no charge).
- No refunds will be made should the delegate miss the course.
- Colourful CPD reserve the right to cancel a place on a course if payment has not been received.
- Colourful CPD reserves the right to alter the programme, date, venue and speakers should this become necessary. Colourful CPD will undertake to notify delegates as soon as possible of the change, but cannot be held liable for any additional costs to the delegates (travel, accommodation fees, etc) incurred as a result.
- In the event of cancellation of a course by Colourful CPD, course fees will be refunded in full.
- Colourful CPD will not be liable for travel, accommodation or any other expenses incurred by delegates.
- Personal possessions and valuables are the responsibility of the delegate at all times and at all venues. Colourful CPD will not accept any liability for the loss of or damage to personal possessions and valuables.
- It is the delegate’s responsibility to inform Colourful CPD in good time of any dietary requirements they may have. This information will be passed on to the venue prior to the course.