Event: Regional CPD
October 10th 2019
Blossomfield Campus, Solihull, West Midlands, B91 1SB
The Colourful Nurse Roadshows offer 6 hours of CPD and are based on the online course. Refreshments, including lunch are provided. The agenda and presentations are flexible to allow for discussion and interaction. Places are limited to give delegates the best experience. Stephanie Writer-Davies and Clare Hemmings will be the speakers for each of the Roadshow days
Colourful Nurse Speakers
Stephanie Writer-Davies, BVSc, MRCVS
Steph Writer-Davies has developed the Colourful Nurse Consulting Skills Training Course alongside Brian Faulkner. Steph is a veterinary surgeon with 34 years experience who has owned her own practice which was a VN training practice. She was SPVS Hon President in 2016 and has been the SPVS VN liaison for the last 8 years. She is a strong supporter of the VN profession, believing in the important role they play in our practices and being keen to see nurses performing broader and more challenging roles and improve their status and job satisfaction. She is a member of the Career Development & Progression and Training Practice working groups of VN Futures.
Clare qualified as a VN in 1995 and worked at a multi-discipline referral centre. Although no longer on the register, she keeps up to date with latest developments and also passed the Certificate in Clinical Nutrition with distinction. She has also been running first aid courses for dog owners and pet professionals for over 12 years. In 2003, Clare won Pet Health Counsellor of the Year for work with arthritic patients and joined ROYAL CANIN® in 2004 where she works full time in the Scientific Communications department. She has had articles published in Vet Times, VN Times, Your Cat, Dogs Today and other veterinary and pet publications. Clare has two children and a naughty little dog called Chess and loves skiing and reading with her book club.
Guest Presenter at each event
An RVN in a majority consulting role in practice
Delivered as a mixture of presentations and an interactive discussion and brainstorming session, the day is aimed at veterinary nurses who currently do no, or relatively little consulting and who are keen to increase this aspect of their role. Stephanie will cover Legislation affecting the veterinary nursing profession with particular reference to Schedule 3 and the Veterinary Medicines Regulations in consulting scenarios and the Approach to Consultations, providing a guide or template to follow which will help improve confidence and make consultations more effective. Clare will provide practical ideas about how to set up and run clinics focusing on a particular aspect of nutrition and the guest speaker will talk about their day-job and what a majority consulting role entails for a veterinary nurse as well as explaining how they found themselves doing it. The interactive discussion and brainstorming session will be led by the delegates and will aim to clarify questions from the day as well as any queries raised by individuals about specific challenges they face when consulting or in developing nurse clinics at their practices. Delegates are encouraged to come armed with questions and/or ideas that they would like help with!
Registration will be from 9.15am and the course will start at 10am. There will be refreshment breaks as well as lunch included with an expected finish time of 4.30pm. The Roadshow counts for 6 hours of CPD. Course notes will be provided
Event Price: £99.00 + VAT
Please ensure you read these in full before signing up to a Colourful event.
- The registration fee includes 6 hours of CPD (an attendance certificate will be provided), a set of course notes, lunch and all refreshments throughout the day. It does not include overnight accommodation or travel to the venue.
- Payment must be made in full at the time of booking online.
- Places on each course are limited and will be allocated on a first come first served basis.
- All courses are non-residential.
- Course fees will not be refunded if a cancellation is made within the 30 days prior to the course commencing. Cancellation before this time will incur a 20% administration charge.
- All cancellations must be made either by email to Kay at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone 01822 853573.
- Booked places can be transferred to another person (no charge).
- No refunds will be made should the delegate miss the course.
- Colourful CPD reserve the right to cancel a place on a course if payment has not been received.
- Colourful CPD reserves the right to alter the programme, date, venue and speakers should this become necessary. Colourful CPD will undertake to notify delegates as soon as possible of the change, but cannot be held liable for any additional costs to the delegates (travel, accommodation fees, etc) incurred as a result.
- In the event of cancellation of a course by Colourful CPD, course fees will be refunded in full.
- Colourful CPD will not be liable for travel, accommodation or any other expenses incurred by delegates.
- Personal possessions and valuables are the responsibility of the delegate at all times and at all venues. Colourful CPD will not accept any liability for the loss of or damage to personal possessions and valuables.
- It is the delegate’s responsibility to inform Colourful CPD in good time of any dietary requirements they may have. This information will be passed on to the venue prior to the course.